Department of Typhoon and Severe Weather Research
The main target of our study is "extreme weather events" such as localized heavy rain and tornadoes which most likely cause severe disasters.
For the purpose of securely protecting our lives and society by developing the technology to monitor and predict these phenomena, we promote the research projects shown below.
1) Development of observational instruments and systems
2) Investigation of generation mechanism of extreme weather events
3) Development of detection and short-time forecast algorithms using deep learnig
|Senior Researcher||ADACHI Toru|
- Research on Mechanism Elucidation of Typhoons and Severe Weather Phenomena and Development of Monitoring and Forecasting Technologies
Cooperative Research and Development with East Japan Railway Company
- Development of a system for automatic strong gust detection and warning for railroads
Public/Private R&D Investment Strategic Expansion PrograM：PRISM
- Development of an advanced system for automatic predistion and prevention information for severe local storms using deep learning