||Head/The 5th Lab./Department of Physical Meteorology Research
||Cloud Physics, Meteorology
- Orikasa, N., A. Saito, K. Yamashita, T. Tajiri, Y. Zaizen, T.-H. Kuo, W.-C. Kuo, and M. Murakami, 2020:Seasonal variations of atmospheric aerosol particles focused on cloud condensation nuclei and ice nucleating particles from ground-based observations in Tsukuba, Japan. SOLA, 16, 212-219.
- Orikasa, N., M. Murakami, T. Tajiri, Y. Zaizen, and T. Shinoda, 2020:In situ measurements of cloud and aerosol microphysical properties in summertime convective clouds over Eastern United Arab Emirates. SOLA, 16, 185-191.
- Hashimoto, A., H. Motoyoshi, N. Orikasa, and R. Misumi, 2020: Process-Tracking Scheme Based on Bulk Microphysics to Diagnose the Features of Snow Particles. SOLA, 16, 51-56.
- Kuo, T.-H., M. Murakami, T. Tajiri, and N. Orikasa, 2019: Cloud Condensation Nuclei and Immersion Freezing Abilities of Al2O3 and Fe2O3 Particles Measured with the Meteorological Research Institute's Cloud Simulation Chamber. J. Meteor. Soc. Japan, 97, 597-614.
- Orikasa, N., and M. Murakami, 2015: Ice crystal shapes in midlatitude cirrus clouds derived from hydrometeor videosonde (HYVIS) observations. J. Meteor. Soc. Japan, 93, 143-155.
- Ohtake, H., M. Murakami, N. Orikasa, A. Hashimoto, A. Saito, and T. Kato, 2014: Statistical validation of a cloud resolving model using aircraft observations of orographic snow clouds. J. Meteor. Soc. Japan, 92, 687-704.
- Sakai, T, N. Orikasa, T. Nagai, M. Murakami, T. Tajiri, A. Saito, K. Yamashita, and A. Hashimoto, 2014: Balloon-borne and Raman lidar observations of Asian dust and cirrus cloud properties over Tsukuba, Japan. J. Geophys. Res., 119, 3295-3308.
- Sakai, T, T. Nagai, N. Orikasa, Y. Zaizen, K. Yamashita, and M. Murakami, 2013: Aerosol characterization by dual-wavelength polarization lidar measurements over Kochi, Japan during the warm seasons of 2008 to 2010. J. Meteor. Soc. Japan, 91, 789-800.
- Tajiri, T., K. Yamashita, M. Murakami, N. Orikasa, A. Saito, K. Kusunoki, and L. Lilie, 2013: A novel adiabatic-expansion-type cloud simulation chamber. J. Meteor. Soc. Japan, 91, 687-704.
- Orikasa, N., M. Murakami, and A. J. Heymsfield, 2013: Ice crystal concentration in midlatitude cirrus clouds: In situ measurements with the balloonborne hydrometeor videosonde (HYVIS). J. Meteor. Soc. Japan, 91, 143-161.
- Ishimoto, H., K. Masuda, Y. Mano, N. Orikasa, and A. Uchiyama, 2012: Irregularly shaped ice aggregates in optical modeling of convectively generated ice clouds. J. Quant. Spectrosc. Radiat. Transfer, 113, 632-643.
- Research on Atmospheric Physical Processes
- Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C) (JP21K12217), Japan Society for the Promotion of Science, "Laboratory study on alteration of CCN and INP abilities focused on the mixing state of atmospheric aerosols" [04/2021-03/2024, PI]
- Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (A) (JP17H00787), Japan Society for the Promotion of Science, "Studies on impact of atmospheric aerosols on cloud and precipitation processes" [04/2017-03/2021, Co-I]
- Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C) (JP16K05558), Japan Society for the Promotion of Science, "Laboratory study on ice nucleation and growth mechanisms in the early stage of cirrus clouds" [04/2016-03/2020, PI]
- UAE Research Program for Rain Enhancement Science, National Center of Meteorology, "Advanced Study on Precipitation Enhancement in Arid and Semi-Arid Regions" [2016-2019, Co-PI]