Research Topics in Typhoon Research Department
Construction of database of typhoons made landfall in 2004 and their preliminary analysis focused on high wind, heavy rain, and storm surge.
Construction of database of typhoons made landfall in 2004 and their disasters
Analysis of structual change og high wind and heavy rain around Japan caused by typhoons made landfall in 2004
For the preparation of studies concerning with typhoons making landfall on Honshu Island in Japan and the disasters,
we develop database which is comprised of atmospheric and oceanic observation on various platforms and objective analysis data.
The data is available for various studied of the typhoons in 2004 typhoon season.
(Figure) Number of typhoons making landfall on Japan from 1951 to 2004.
List of typhoons landfalling in 2004
- T0404(GIF ANIMATION：2,375KB)
- T0406(GIF ANIMATION：2,421KB)
- T0410(GIF ANIMATION：2,446KB)
- T0411(GIF ANIMATION：1,392KB)
- T0415(GIF ANIMATION：1,700KB)
- T0416(GIF ANIMATION：2,505KB)
- T0418(GIF ANIMATION：2,345KB)
- T0421(GIF ANIMATION：2,829KB)
- T0422(GIF ANIMATION：1,473KB)
- T0423(GIF ANIMATION：2,452KB)